STEEL CITY IMPROV THEATER
HOUSE TEAM AUDITIONS
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13th at 7pm
*** PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IN FULL BEFORE YOU ATTEND THE AUDITION! ***
Open Auditions will be held at 7pm on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13th at 7pm at Steel City Improv Theater, 5950 Ellsworth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15232. Auditions are first come, first serve. Callbacks will be on Sunday, September 16th at 5pm.
Please note our Improv House Teams will perform on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis from September 2018 to January 2019. Auditions are every 4 months.
Here is how to Audition:
Read below and make sure you are eligible to audition.
Sign up below to let us know you are attending the audition.
On the evening of the audition, please arrive 10-15 minutes early. You will have your photo taken and fill out a form that includes you contact information, experience and availability for shows and rehearsals.
Next you will be asked to go into the theater for the audition. Please be prepared to stay until 10pm (but you may be dismissed earlier).
The audition is completely improvised. You will be expected to perform a long form improv set. Although there is no requirement to have trained with the Steel City Improv Theater, it is recommended you have completed SCIT Improv Level Two or equivalent training.
IF YOU ARE PLACED ON AN IMPROV HOUSE TEAM, YOU MUST:
* Be over the age of 18 years old.
* Be familiar with the long form improvisation.
* Be willing and able to make your team a top priority.
* Willing to rehearse based on how often your team performs with an approved coach.
* Participate in at least 80% of team shows.
* Attend at least 80% of rehearsals.
Other team requirements are:
* Picking a team name
* Appointing a captain to arrange rehearsal space, hire coaches, and to collect any monthly dues. The captain also acts as team spokesperson.
* Arrange a group portrait.
Please note: ANY costs incurred for coaches, photographers, rehearsal studios, etc. are at the team’s expense.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
The Ensemble Committe @ Steel City Improv
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org