STEEL CITY IMPROV THEATER
HOUSE TEAM AUDITIONS
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9 at 1PM
***** PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IN FULL BEFORE YOU ATTEND THE AUDITION! ******
Open Auditions will be held at 1pm on Saturday, September 9th at Steel City Improv Theater, 5950 Ellsworth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15232.
Please note our Improv House Teams will perform Thursday evenings at 8pm (Call time is 730pm). The performances for this round of house teams will be every Thursday from September 21st to December 14th.
Here is how to Audition:
On Saturday, September 9th, please arrive between 1230pm and 1245pm. Sign in with the attendant(s).
You will have your photo taken and fill out a form that includes you contact information, experience and schedule.
Next you will be asked to go into the theater for the audition. Please be prepared to stay until 4pm (but you may be dismissed earlier).
The audition is completely improvised. You will be expected to perform a long form improv set. Although there is no requirement to have trained with the Steel City Improv Theater, it is recommended you have completed SCIT Improv Level Two or equivalent training .
IF YOU ARE PLACED ON AN IMPROV HOUSE TEAM, YOU MUST:
* Be over the age of 18 years old.
* Be familiar with the long form improvisation.
* Be willing and able to make your team a top priority.
* Rehearse once a week, with a coach for at least a 2 hour session.
* Participate in at least 80% of team shows.
* Attend at least 80% of rehearsals.
Other team requirements are:
* Picking a team name
* Appointing a captain to arrange rehearsal space, hire coaches, and to collect any monthly dues. The captain also acts as team spokesperson.
* Arrange a group portrait.
Please note: ANY costs incurred for coaches, photographers, rehearsal studios, etc. are at the team’s expense.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
The Ensemble Committe @ Steel City Improv
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org