Why do we have an approved SCIT Coach list?
The SCIT has a specific point of view regarding improv: We play smart, we take the scenic route, we punch up. The coaches on our approved coach list understand our philosophy – they’re going to help you make consistent, fun choices that aren’t short cuts and be able to explain it. They understand good improv and why we do what we do. Here’s the basic requirements for being on the SCIT Coach List:
- Completed SCIT Core Curriculum (Level 1 to Level 5)
- Have been on SCIT house team for at least two seasons (8 months)
- Taken our SCIT Coaching Class
- Currently Coaching
- Active member of the SCIT community: The produce shows, attend other shows and are involved with the SCIT Community.
- They are available to coach for the season (4 month period).
If you’d like to be on the coach list, email Kasey@steelcityimprov.com.