Steel City Improv Theater (aka The SCIT) is Pittsburgh’s Original Home for long form improvisational comedy. Along with weekly shows, we offer comprehensive and professional training in long-form improv comedy.
We are looking for house managers to help create a positive environment for our performers while providing above and beyond customer service. An ideal candidate would be organized, adaptable, a fast-learner, and a creative problem-solver. The House Manager is responsible to open and close the theater and act as point person for producers on external show nights.
Ideal candidates have some Theater Management experience and are availability on Friday and Saturday nights. This position is part-time, offering about 10-15 hours per month.
- Guest satisfaction and customer service
- Manage inventory
- Cash management.
- Prepare end of the night reports
- Light Cleaning
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Working knowledge of basic Internet communication
- Prior money handling/counting experience a plus
- Prior management experience a plus
- Comfortable with enforcing theater policies, rules, and regulations
- Ability manage requests of performers, interns and patrons
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation.
*** YOU MUST INCLUDE A SHORT COVER LETTER & RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED ***
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10/hour to start
Benefits: Free Classes at Steel City Improv Theater