Hey there, SCITizens!
We are looking for a combination house manager/box office manager to help create a positive environment for our performers while providing above-and-beyond customer service. Below are the details!
The ideal candidate is friendly, organized, adaptable, a fast learner, and a creative problem-solver.
The House Manager is responsible for opening and closing the theater and acting as the point person for producers and performers on show nights.
The Box Office Manager is responsible for selling tickets and theater merchandise, which involves opening and closing the register and organizing cash deposits. They also work with the House Manager to open and close the theater.
This position would be a hybrid between the two job titles described above, in which the person hired would work as either the House Manager or Box Office Manager on a given show night, as needed and as scheduled by the Head House Manager.
This position requires open availability on Friday and Saturday nights, as well as availability to work some Saturdays and Sundays during the day. This position is part-time, offering about 12–20 hours per month.
- Cash management
- Guest satisfaction and customer service
- Preparing end-of-night reports
- Managing inventory
- Light cleaning
- Friendly and patient
- Comfortable with enforcing theater policies, rules, and regulations
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic internet skills
- Ability to manage requests from performers, interns, and patrons
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness and availability to work nights and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
- Prior money handling/counting experience a plus
- Prior management/arts experience a plus
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Free improv classes after meeting work hours prerequisite
- Free admission to improv shows
- Discounts on select improv workshops
Pay: $12/hour to start
Apply by emailing a resume and short cover letter to Dustin, our Head House Manager.
(Dustin at SteelCityImprov dot com)
You must include a cover letter to be considered. Tell us about yourself and why you’re interested in working at SCIT!
We require proof of FULL vaccination for all patrons, performers, and employees upon entry to the theater. Anyone without proof of vaccination will be denied entry.