Thank you for your interest in Steel City Improv Theater’s classes. We are very excited to have you begin or continue your training with us.
Steel City Improv Theater’s classes are dedicated to the development of our students as performers, writers and human beings. We strive to provide our students with a place to practice their craft and become a member of a community. It is extremely important that our classes are held in a supportive, non-threatening and creative environment.
With that, we ask that you read and agree to our Enrollment Policy before you register for a class.
COURSE ENROLLMENT POLICY
You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for our level improv program and other adult classes.
For our Youth Improv Classes (Kids, Pre-Teen and Teen), a parent or guardian must enroll the student who must fit into the ages prescribed for each of these classes.
There are no refunds. No exceptions. All sales are final.
There are no class exchanges, please be sure that you are able to attend the class that you have registered for.
All our classes rely on group participation, and absences will affect your growth, as well as the growth of your classmates. We ask that you attend every class within the session and arrive on time. If you miss MORE THAN TWO (2) classes, you will not be permitted to perform in the class show nor will you be allowed to advance to the next class level.
However, you are allowed to attend as many classes are you can/want even if you have THREE (3) or more absences. We do not have any make up classes at this time.
* If an emergency or conflict arises, please email your instructor to let them know you will be missing the class so they can do their best to catch you up and plan accordingly.
Steel City Improv Theater’s classes are held in a supportive, non-threatening and creative environment. In order to achieve this, students are asked to agree to certain rules in regards to course conduct before enrolling. Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to:
* Consumption of drugs or alcohol during class, destruction of physical classroom space, including but not limited to walls, chairs, lights, restrooms and doors
* Inappropriate verbal, physical or sexual conduct with other students or the course instructor
* Bringing uninvited guests to class. In addition, we do NOT allow auditing of any of our classes or workshops. Only those who have registered may attend the class.
* Eating in class when not on a break
* Talking while the instructor is talking or while your classmates are performing
* Students must also abstain from using electronics in class, including audio or video recording devices and cellular phones (this includes reading or writing text messages and using the internet in class)
Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and will result in removal from the course. Refunds will not be given if you are removed from a class due to conduct.
DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY
If you destroy any property at Steel City Improv Theater whether it is by accident or on purpose, you will be liable for the cost of repair.
You will not be allowed to attend more classes, or to register for another class, until payment arrangements have been made to replace the destroyed property.
You agree that you choose to voluntarily participate in the course with full knowledge that the activity may be hazardous to yourself and/or your property. You voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained as a result of participating in the activity. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Steel City Improv, LLC and its employees, members and volunteers for any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees, that may occur as a result of your participation in the activity. We are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
Steel City Improv Theater reserves the right to replace a course instructor at any time with another equally qualified instructor, without notice.
Steel City Improv Theater reserves the right to postpone or cancel a course if an emergency or unforeseen conflict arises. In the event of a course cancellation, students’ tuition will be refunded or credited. Any fees incurred by students for travel, lodging, etc. will not be reimbursed by Steel City Improv Theater.
Steel City Improv Theater reserves the right to accept or deny any individual’s enrollment.
Students are always welcome to contact Steel City Improv Theater’s administrators at
email@example.com or by calling 412-404-2695.