Thanks for showing interest in being a Steel City Improv intern. Before you sign up, we want you to know the deal. If you’re cool with everything, please sign up and we’ll contact you soon about internship opportunities. We have two types of Class Internships: Box Office and Daytime Administrative.
To be considered for a Steel City Improv Theater Internship you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be familiar with what we do. If you haven’t seen a TFM show or participated in a jam, you will not be considered.
- Be willing and able to make your shift a top priority.
- If you are a box office intern, be prepared to dress appropriately. We ask that all interns wear clean dark slacks and a nice clean shirt. All clothing is free of holes, stains, words or logos.
- Participate in our improv community. Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it. You should support your community by seeing shows (c’mon, you get in for free) , participating in the SCIT social or other jams, hanging out after shows at the bar, auditioning for a house team and/or participating in an indy team/practice group.
- Understand that this is a job. You are working for Steel City Improv Theater and in exchange you are receiving a free 8-week improv class. Which is pretty darn awesome. Although, the SCIT is a fun place to be, we have rules. And they must be followed. Just like in improv, the rules set us free to have fun.
If would like to be considered and have met all of these qualifications, please reach out to us via e-mail at email@example.com, and you will be contacted for an interview.
We look forward to meeting you soon!